by Danielle Herring on Sep 13, 2017
Members Insurance Center is here for you! No doubt Irma has had a devastating impact on our family and friends. We wanted to provide you some information here that will hopefully help you navigate through this process.
1) Please be patient. There are thousands and thousands of claims being filed due to the storm so it will take a few days to be contacted and possibly even weeks for the claim to be filed and handled.
2) Our Insurance Companies have informed us the quickest way to get your claim started is to file it directly with your insurance carrier. There are usually two ways to do this - over the phone or on their website. You can find this information on our website or by calling us - we are here to help!
3) Do not sign ANY forms with anyone for anything prior to speaking with the Adjuster sent by your Insurance Company. You may sign away all of your insurance benefits to a scammer who will then get the claims check from your insurance company and not do any of the work!
4) Claims are handled by severity of damage - uninhabitable homes worked first, then down the line to the lightest damage.
5) Reminder that insurance policies have a separate Wind/Hurricane deductible.
6) If you have damage to your home due to rising water, this will only be covered by a flood insurance policy.
7) If you have a question whether or not you have a claim, please go ahead and file it with the carrier anyway. Weather related claims will not raise your premiums or prevent you from obtaining insurance in the future.
We certainly understand the challenges, issues and frustrations that surround a natural disaster. Please know we are here for you!
There are no comments yet.