If your home is damaged due to a disaster such as a hurricane, flood, fire, or windstorm, your homeowners insurance policy may not cover the monthly mortgage payment.
First Protector is a specialty program underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida, an Assurant Company, that provides the following benefits:
- Mortgage Payment Protection - Pays your monthly mortgage payment for up to two years when your home is temporarily uninhabitable (due to a covered disaster). This will allow time to have the home repaired or rebuilt to liveable conditions.
- Mortgage Balance Payoff - Pays the balance on your mortgage, after proceeds payable by your homeowner's insurance policy, if the land where your home is located is condemned or judged permanently uninhabitable by a government agency.
- Deductible Reimbursement - Pays your homeowners policy deductible up to $500, up to twice in one year, in the event you suffer from more than one covered loss in the same year. Limit of two losses per 12 month period.
- Involuntary Unemployment - Pays your monthly mortgage payment for a period of up to two months if you lose your job involuntarily.
- Emergency Cash - Pays $1,000 in emergency cash to pay for expenses incurred after a covered disaster.
- Coverage for a higher homeowners policy deductible amount - Reimburses you up to $1,000 of your homeowners policy deductible.
For more information, including limitations and exclusions, obtain a quote or to purchase a policy, please visit www.suncoastfirstprotector.com.
Get started now on a free quote for Mortgage Disaster Insurance